The conference will be held at the Grand Millenium Hotel:
Conference Office and Registration
Badges and registration materials will be available outside the CUG Office during the following times. Registration will also be available during the Sunday welcome reception from, 6:00pm – 7:30pm.
Sunday: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.: CUG registration desk
Sunday: 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.: Grand Millenium Hotel
Monday: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.: CUG registration desk
Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.: CUG registration desk
To register after Tuesday morning visit the CUG office.
All attendees must wear badges during CUG Conference activities.
There is no smoking allowed at the Conference.
Any requests for special assistance during the conference should be noted on the “Special Requirements” area of the registration form. You may also contact the Local Arrangements Committee.
Conference Program Overview and Social Events
- Detailed program information will be available in the online Linklings program and mobile guide in February/March 2020. The mobile guide and the CUG 2020 Google Map will have information on event locations (note this may not work in Safari).
Sunday, May 3
- XTreme SIG meeting (XTreme members only)
- Welcome Reception – From 18:00-19:30 (6 to 7:30 p.m.). All attendees and their guests are invited to a welcome reception, which will be held at the Grand Millennium Hotel.
Monday, May 4
- Half- and Full-Day Tutorials; Birds of a Feather (BoF) Sessions (early evening)
Tuesday, May 5
- Conference keynote, plenary sessions, technical paper presentations, and BoFs
- Cray Networking Event – From 19:00-22:00 (7 to 10 p.m.) Location TBA. All registered attendees and their guests are welcome to attend.
Wednesday, May 6
- Plenary sessions, best paper presentation, technical paper presentations, and BoFs
- CUG Night Out – From 19:00-22:00 (7 to 10 p.m.) CUG and the 2020 Platinum Sponsor (TBA) welcome you to CUG Night out at Auckland War Memorial Museum. The Auckland Museum is one of New Zealand’s most important museums and war memorials. The collections concentrate on New Zealand history, natural history, and military history. Round trip bus transportation from the Grand Millennium will be provided.
Thursday, May 7
- Panel discussion, technical paper presentations, and plenary sessions
Local area attractions
The Grand Millennium Auckland is located in the city centre close to Queen Street and Viaduct Harbour. The hotel is situated in the very heart of cosmopolitan Auckland with some of the city’s finest dining, shopping and entertainment venues nearby. Conveniently located landmark venues include: The Civic, Auckland Town Hall and Aotea Square, the city’s largest outdoor civic space where you can relax and often attend local events. Other attractions such as the Sky Tower and Spark Arena are also nearby. Auckland Airport is only 30–45 minutes by taxi from the hotel and public transport is easily accessible from the hotel. There is an on-site taxi rank to help you get to where you are going in a hurry and undercover parking is available for hotel guests. Amenities include complimentary wireless internet in the guest rooms, access to a fitness center and on-site pool. Visit the hotel website for additional information and details on amenities. Transportation details can be found on the arriving in Auckland page.
The deadline for room reservations at the Grand Millennium at the negotiated conference rate is 4:00 PM NZ Time on April 1st, 2020. After that date, the hotel will continue to accept reservations based on room and rate availability. Expect significantly limited availability and higher prices after the room block deadline.
Click HERE to go directly to the booking page with the group code pre-loaded. Note that this link defaults to the maximum length of stay, May 1 – May 10, 2020, at the nightly USD rate negotiated for CUG attendees. You may change the check-in and check-out dates by modifying the information shown on the right hand side of the screen.
Cancel by 2pm local hotel time at least TWO days prior to arrival to avoid a one night charge being placed on the method of guarantee.
Book via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book by phone: Call the hotel at +64 9 366 3000 and mention CUG 2020.
- Group Code: CUG2020
- Dates available at the negotiated rate: 01st – 10th May 2020
- Go to https://www.millenniumhotels.com/en/auckland/grand-millennium-auckland/
- Enter check in/out dates on the right hand side and then click “Check Availability”
- Enter the Group Code, CUG2020, into the Group Code cell under “Codes and Options” (right hand side) to get the negotiated group rate.
- Select your room and proceed to check out.