CUG 2024 is registered with the International Event Coordinator Network (IECN) of the Department of Home Affairs. IECN has provided the following information regarding visa options for event participants:
Visa options: Participants, attendees and speakers that will not be working, performing or otherwise be paid to contribute at the event may be eligible to apply for the following visa options:
- Visitor (subclass 600) Business stream visa. For more information see:https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600/business-visitor-stream
- Electronic Travel Authority – ETA (subclass 601). For eligible passport holders and more information see: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/electronic-travel-authority-601
- eVisitor (subclass 651) Business stream visa. For eligible passport holders and more information see: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/evisitor-651
Eligibility for an eVisitor visa and ETA will be determined by the country of passport that the applicant holds.
A speaker, presenter, exhibitor, or overseas event management staff that will be working, or otherwise be paid to contribute at the event may be eligible to apply for one of the following visa options:
- Temporary Activity (subclass 408) Invited participant visa (where there is an inviting Australian organisation). For more information see:https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/temporary-activity-408/invited-for-other-social-and-cultural-activity
Please note that a the letter of support from an Australian organisation is a legislative requirement for the Temporary Activity (subclass 408) Invited participant visa.
NB: These are the visa options available presently but the Department reserves the right to change regulations.
Visa applicants outside of Australia will need to provide biometrics when they apply for a visa that is part of the Australian biometrics program, or where they are from a country, or located in a country at time of application that is part of the Australian biometrics program.
For information regarding Australia’s biometric program including visas and countries that are part of the program, please see: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/biometrics
Visa Application Process and Processing Times:
Visa applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether the applicant has lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents and paid associated visa application charges
- how promptly the applicant responds to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- when the application is lodged taking the current global visa processing times into account
Processing times are impacted each month by cases that are complex, changes to volume of applications and changes to Ministerial Directions. More information about visa processing times please see: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/overview. For this reason, we would advise that visa applications be lodged at least 4 to 6 weeks prior to a person’s intended date of travel.
Travellers should familiarise themselves with Australia’s border and entry requirements. For further information, see ‘Entering and leaving Australia’ at: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/covid19/entering-and-leaving-australia
Please contact the IECN if you have any questions, email@example.com.
The conference will be held at The Westin Perth, 480 Hay Street, Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6000. This beautiful hotel is located in Perth’s Hibernian Place, which is a 10 minute walk from Elizabeth Quay, a 2 minute walk to the shopping district and a 900M walk to the art gallery of Western Australia. Click here to book your room at the group rate for the CUG 2024 Perth Conference. Please contact hotel directly on firstname.lastname@example.org for dates changes or inquiries relating to bookings.
Transportation options to/from the airport
There are numerous transportation options available at the Perth Airport.
For those arriving from the US or Canada, multiple direct flights to Australia await, with Sydney being a prominent entry point. More details available here.