As I mentioned in my previous message on 10 March, the dynamic situation related to COVID-19 has forced the postponement, but not cancellation, of the May 3-7 2020 CUG Conference.
The CUG Board of Directors (BoD) has been working closely with the conference venue and I am now happy to report that we have managed to reach an agreement to allow the conference to proceed in late October 2020 at the Grand Millennium Auckland. The specific dates are 25-29 October and the conference will proceed as originally planned, with a full programme. Authors and presenters will be contacted in due course, in the usual manner, and the various deadlines will be adjusted accordingly, so keep an eye out for these announcements.
The overview schedule for the conference will be as follows:
October 25, 2020 – Special Interest Groups, including Xtreme
October 26, 2020 – Tutorials
October 27 – 29, 2020 – Full Technical Program
We will continue to monitor the global situation with the COVID-19 outbreak, but our hope is that by the October timeframe the situation will have drastically de-escalated and that international travel will again be possible. If the situation does not abate then we will have no choice but to cancel this year’s conference. We will keep you updated as the situation develops but for now we will adjust our planning around the above dates and I encourage you all to do the same.
Please see the cug.org website for hotel booking deadlines, refund policies etc.
In the meantime, I wish you all the very best during these challenging times and I hope to see you all at CUG2020 in Auckland in October.