The conference will be held at the Hotel William Gray
Conference Office and Registration
Badges and registration materials will be available outside the CUG Office (Cabinet) during the following times. Registration will also be available during the Sunday welcome reception at Perché, 6:00pm – 7:30pm.
Sunday: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. CUG registration desk.
Sunday: 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Perché in the Hotel William Gray
Monday: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CUG registration desk
Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. CUG registration desk
To register after Tuesday morning visit the CUG office.
All attendees must wear badges during CUG Conference activities.
There is no smoking allowed at the Conference.
Any requests for special assistance during the conference should be noted on the “Special Requirements” area of the registration form. You may also contact the Local Arrangements Committee.
Conference Program Overview and Social Events
- Detailed program information is available in the online Linklings program or mobile guide. See the mobile guide or the CUG 2019 Google Map for event locations (note this may not work in Safari).
Sunday, May 5
- XTreme SIG meeting (XTreme members only)
- Welcome Reception – From 18:00-19:30 (6 to 7:30 p.m.) All attendees and their guests are invited to a welcome reception at Perché in the Hotel William Gray.
- Attendees will need to use the dedicated elevator or stairwell to access Perche, the main hotel elevators do not have access to the terrace on the 4thFloor.
Monday, May 6
- Half- and Full-Day Tutorials; Birds of a Feather (BoF) Sessions (early evening)
Tuesday, May 7
- Conference keynote, plenary sessions, technical paper presentations, and BoFs
- Cray Networking Event – From 19:00-22:00 (7 to 10 p.m.) Cray will host their Networking Event at Crew Collective, 360 St Jacques St, Montreal H2Y 2N1. All registered attendees and their guests are welcome to attend.
- Attendees should walk north west on Rue Saint Vincent towards Rue Sainte-Therese. Turn left onto Rue Notre-Dame Est, then continue onto Rue Notre-Dame Ouest. Turn right onto Rue Saint-Sulprice, then left onto Rue Saint-Jacques and Crew Collective can be found 350m on your left hand-side.
Wednesday, May 8
- Plenary sessions, best paper presentation, technical paper presentations, and BoFs
- CUG Night Out – From 19:00-22:00 (7 to 10 p.m.) CUG and Intel welcome you to the CUG Night out at St James Theatre, 265 St Jacques St, Montreal H2Y 1M6. All registered attendees and guests with a paid CUG night out ticket are welcome to attend.
- Attendees should walk north west on Rue Saint Vincent towards Rue Sainte-Therese. Turn left onto Rue Notre-Dame Est, then continue onto Rue Notre-Dame Ouest. Turn right onto Rue Saint-Sulprice, then left onto Rue Saint-Jacques and St James Theatre can be found 270m on your right hand-side.
Thursday, May 9
- Panel discussion, technical paper presentations, and plenary sessions
Local area attractions
Hotel William Gray is located in the old city of Montreal at 421 Rue St-Vincent in Central Montreal. Amenities include complimentary wireless internet in the guest rooms, complimentary turn down service and bottled water in guest rooms, and a Nespresso coffee machine in guest rooms. Access to a fitness center and on-site spa is also provided. Visit the hotel website for additional information and details on amenities. Transportation details can be found on the arriving in Montreal page.
The deadline for room reservations at Hotel William Gray at the conference rate of CAD 320 is 5:00 PM Eastern Time on April 11, 2019. After that date rooms are available on a space and rate availability basis. The hotel will continue to accept reservations after the cut-off date, based on room and rate availability. Expect significantly limited availability and higher prices after the room block deadline due to the start of the busy travel season in Montreal.
When making your reservation note that breakfast is available for an additional $26.
A one night deposit will be charged to each credit card upon reservation. This deposit is non-refundable if rooms are cancelled 31 days or less prior to arrival.
Individual cancellations must be made 7 days prior to arrival to avoid complete stay to be charged to credit card supplied. Early departures will also result in complete stay being charged to credit card supplied.
Book via email: email@example.com
Book by phone: Call the hotel at +1 514 656 5600 or toll free (Canada & US) at 844 576 5600 and mention CUG 2019.
- Go to http://www.hotelwilliamgray.com/
- Click “Book Now”‘
- Click “Advanced Search”
- Change the selection of Promo Code to Group Code from the drop down, enter the code: CUG2019, click “Apply”
- Select your reservation dates and “Search”
- Select your room and “Book now”
- Enter your contact details & billing information
- Click to “Complete Booking”