The Cray User Group (CUG) facilitates collaboration and information exchange across the high-performance computing (HPC) community. You and your colleagues from CUG Member sites around the world hold the key to sustaining this conference as an invaluable source of information and technical interchange.
We invite you to present at the CUG 2020 May 3 – 7, in Auckland, New Zealand. If you are not from an active CUG member site, please read Who May Attend CUG before submitting your abstract. Share your experiences and help us work cooperatively toward solutions to problems encountered.
CUG is not only about computing, it represents users across all inter-connected and inter-related HPC disciplines, including computing, storage, and analytics.
This year we are soliciting submissions in two categories:
- Full-length abstracts presenting novel results
- Submissions in this track will require a final paper, and will be considered for publication in a special issue of the CCPE journal
- Abstracts summarizing preliminary results
- Submissions in this track are intended to be “presentation-only”, do not require a final paper submission, and are not considered for publication in the CCPE journal
- Full-length abstracts presenting novel results
Submissions related to any Cray or HPE Apollo product are invited in the following suggested categories:
- Programming Environment, Compilers, Libraries, Tools
- 3rd Party Applications
- Application Performance
- New Architecture Results (e.g. ARM, FPGAs, Slingshot)
- Optimization methods and techniques
- Utilization of Heterogeneous Systems
- Account Administration
- Software management and integration
- User Support
- Environmental Monitoring, Cooling, and Power
- Facilities and Site Preparation
- Tuning and OS Optimization
- System Operations
- Job Scheduling and Accounting
- System Interoperability
- Resiliency, Reliability, Availability, Scalability
- Tuning and Performance (System and application side)
- Problem Determination and analysis
- Comparisons and benchmarking
- Configuration / Administration
- Usage Experiences
- Novel/Emerging Use-cases
- Data Analytics Frameworks
- Workflows and related tools
- Container Technologies
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning / AI
- Real Time Data Analysis
Conference Best Paper Award
During a plenary session, CUG will recognize the conference’s best paper. We will announce nominations from the three finalists and then award the conference’s best paper. Only papers submitted by the Papers due date will qualify for further rounds of reviews to be selected for the best paper award. The best paper talk will be presented during the plenary session.
Special Issue of the CCPE Journal
CUG will publish a special issue of the “Concurrency and Computation Practice and Experience” (CCPE) Journal comprised of selected CUG 2020 papers. Papers submitted by the due date will be reviewed to be invited to the journal publication. We expect to accept the best 8 to 10 papers to the CUG special issue of the journal. Authors will be notified of their acceptance prior to the conference and camera ready submissions will be due on June 5, 2020.
Help Us Make CUG 2020 the Best Yet!
Please note: You are required to submit both a paper and slides (or just slides for the presentation-only submission track) for your presentation so that they can be published in the CUG Proceedings. Papers presented at CUG conferences and workshops must be original works written for that presentation and may not be works prepared for other conferences or publications. To further assist you with preparation of your paper and slides, please read and follow the Information for Authors. You may also review presentations from Previous CUG conferences and seek advice from the Special Interest Group Chairs or Program Committee Members.
CUG Conference Abstract Submission System
You may request an opportunity to present your work at CUG through submission of an abstract. The submission types are: paper, presentation, tutorial, and birds of a feather (BOF).
- For papers, there is a requirement for a long abstract or outline of up to 1000 words that can be attached as a PDF. A short abstract of up to 150 words is also required, and will be included in any printed and online material and will accompany the presentational material and paper in the proceedings. The full (long) abstract will be used by reviewers to evaluate your submission. Completion of the long abstract as part of the submission process is required, and it should differ from your short abstract.
- For presentation-only submissions only a short abstract is required (up 250 words). This abstract will form the basis for acceptance to the CUG Conference, and will also be included in any printed or online material.
The submission system is available from the opening date for submissions through the last day of each CUG Conference. During that time, the capabilities available to authors will change to reflect existing deadlines. There will be specific windows of time for abstract submissions and paper and presentation upload. Authors can make changes to submissions until the deadline passes for the current stage. CUG uses Linklings as the conference submission system. Authors must establish an account within the submission system that may then be used to manage their submission materials.
Note that successful submissions require an author to present that work at the conference. Author’s should consider any necessary travel authorizations and requirements (such as HTSOS training for US government employees) when entering submissions.
Update: Acceptance notifications will start by February 21, 2020.
|Submissions Open||November 25, 2019|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||January 17, 2020|
|Acceptance Notifications||February 14, 2020|
|Paper and Presentation Slides Deadline||April 11, 2020|
|Invitation for Journal Submission||May 1, 2020|
|Special Journal Paper Deadline||June 5, 2020|
Please use the CUG Conference Submission System to submit an abstract.
For further assistance and/or volunteering to help with the conference program, please contact Brandon Cook, Vice-President and Program Chair.