The conference will be held at the Monterey Marriott.
Conference Office and Registration
Badges and registration materials will be available outside the CUG Office during the following times. Registration will also be available during the Sunday welcome reception at Ferrantes Bayview, Monterey Marriott, 6:00pm – 7:30pm.
Sunday: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m, CUG registration desk
Sunday: 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m, Ferrantes Bayview, Monterey Marriott
Monday: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m, CUG registration desk
Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m, CUG registration desk
To register after Tuesday morning visit the CUG office.
All attendees must wear badges during CUG Conference activities.
There is no smoking allowed at the Conference.
Any requests for special assistance during the conference should be noted on the “Special Requirements” area of the registration form. You may also contact the Local Arrangements Committee.
Conference Program Overview and Social Events
Sunday, May 1
- XTreme SIG meeting (XTreme members only)
- Welcome Reception – From 18:00-20:00 (6 to 8:00 p.m.) All attendees and their guests are invited to a welcome reception at Ferrantes Bayview, Monterey Marriott.
Monday, May 2
- Half- and Full-Day Tutorials; Birds of a Feather (BoF) Sessions (early evening)
Tuesday, May 3
- Conference keynote, plenary sessions, technical paper presentations, and BoFs
- Cray Networking Event – From 19:00-22:00 (7 to 10 p.m.) Cray will host their Networking Event at The Monterey Beach House. All registered attendees and their guests are welcome to attend.
Wednesday, May 4
- Plenary sessions, best paper presentation, technical paper presentations, and BoFs
- CUG Night Out – From 18:15-22:00 (6:15 to 10 p.m.) CUG and Intel welcome you to the CUG Night out at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. All registered attendees and guests with a paid CUG night out ticket are welcome to attend.
Thursday, May 5
- Panel discussion, technical paper presentations, and plenary sessions
Local area attractions
The Monterey Marriott is located downtown and situated along the waterfront which overlooks Monterey Bay. There are several attractions nearby including the Monterey Aquarium, Cannery Row, Carmel-by-the-Sea and Big Sur. Visit the hotel website for additional information and details on amenities. There are numerous transportation options available to/from the Monterey airport.
Reservations by attendees at the Monterey Marriott must be received before Friday, April 8, 2022. The hotel will continue to accept reservations after the cut-off date, based on room and rate availability.
All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. The hotel will not hold any reservations unless secured by one of these methods.
Breakfast is in addition to the room rate of $234; Buffet breakfast is $27 and a full American breakfast is $18 .
Complimentary guest room internet is available to all Marriott Bonvoy members. For non-members, discounted internet is available for $1.00 per night per room.
The Hotel’s room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes (currently 12% Occupancy Tax + 4.15% CCFD Fee + $0.75 CA Fee + $2.00 Monterey Fee) in effect at the time of check-out.
Book by phone: Call the hotel at +1 831 649 4234 (US and Toll-Free) and mention CUG 2022.
Book online: URL available soon.