The conference will be held at The Westin Perth, 480 Hay Street, Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6000. This beautiful hotel is located in Perth’s Hibernian Place, which is a 10 minute walk from Elizabeth Quay, a 2 minute walk to the shopping district and a 900M walk to the art gallery of Western Australia.
Please contact hotel directly on firstname.lastname@example.org for dates changes or inquiries relating to bookings.
The agreed rate of 290 AUD/night includes tax, breakfast, Internet access and access to the fitness centre. The group room rate is available from 27th April 2024 – 11th May 2024. The final day to book is 31 March, 2024. Any nights outside of these dates, if available, will be offered at the current hotel rate.
Each guest reserves and pays for their own accommodation and the room account is to be settled directly with the hotel prior to departure.
Check-in is from 3pm on the day of arrival and check-out is 11am on date of departure. Room availability is based on a first come first serve basis so we highly encourage attendees to reserve a room ASAP. Rooms can be cancelled up to 30 days prior with no cancellation fee.
Conference Office and Registration
Badges and registration materials will be available at the CUG registration desk located on Level 2 in the Wattle Room. Registration will also be available during the Sunday welcome reception from 5:00pm – 6:30pm.
Sunday: 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m, CUG Registration Desk
Sunday: 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m, Welcome Reception
Monday: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m, CUG Registration Desk
Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m, CUG Registration Desk
To register after Tuesday morning visit the CUG office.
All attendees must wear badges during CUG Conference activities.
There is no smoking or vaping allowed at the Conference.
Any requests for special assistance during the conference should be noted on the “Special Requirements” area of the registration form. You may also contact the Local Arrangements Committee.
Conference Program Overview and Social Events
- Detailed information will be made available in the CUG2024 Technical Program as well as the Mobile Guidebook.
Friday, May 3 and Saturday, May 4
Saturday, May 4
- XTreme/PEAD Networking Event, 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm – Stop by to network with your colleagues and to prepare for Sunday’s meetings.
Sunday, May 5
- XTreme SIG meeting (XTreme members only)
- PEAD SIG (afternoon)
- Welcome Reception – All attendees and their guests are invited to attend the welcome reception within the Conference Venue.
Monday, May 6
- Half- and Full-Day Tutorials; Birds of a Feather (BoF) Sessions (early evening)
- Pawsey Supercomputing Centre Evening Event – The Pawsey Center is thrilled to extend a special invitation to you for an exclusive experience at Pawsey, where technology and art collide in many ways! Prepare yourself for an extraordinary evening filled with innovation and camaraderie. This event requires advanced registration and space is limited so register soon if you are interested. Please visit https://pawsey.org.au/cug-private-pawsey-tour/ for more information and/or to register.
Tuesday, May 7
- Conference Keynote, plenary sessions, best paper presentation, technical paper presentations, and BoFs
- HPE Networking Event
Wednesday, May 8
- Plenary Sessions and Technical Program
- CUG Night Out
We invite you to join us for an evening at the Sandalford Estate featuring a wine tasting and dinner. Positioned on the doorstep of the scenic Swan Valley, Sandalford Wines is one of Australia’s most sustainable wineries and creates award-winning wines from its two fertile vineyards. We will be taking a coach from the CUG Conference Hotel to the Sandalford Estate after the technical program concludes on Wednesday.
CUG Night Out is included in the registration fee for attendees, but if you would like to bring a guest, (someone not registered for the conference), a separate guest ticket will be required. Guests under the age of 18 will not be allowed to attend this event.
- CUG Night Out Early Bird Registration Opens 22 January 2024: $100
- CUG Night Out Normal Registration Opens 11 March 2024: $125
Thursday, May 9
- Technical Program
- Preview of CUG 2025
Traveling to Perth
Discover Perth has put together helpful tips on traveling to Perth.